This Our Tilted Earth: The Story Behind the Seasons! lesson plan also includes:
Why do some areas experience more extreme seasons than others? Scholars to explore this question with an inquiry-based lesson and a hands-on activity. Collaborative groups team up to collect temperature data using a globe, flashlight, and thermometer. The data shows how the tilt of the earth affects temperature and therefore the seasons at different locations.
- Use as an interdisciplinary lesson with the math department by analyzing the data more thoroughly
- Ask learners to complete a journal entry describing in detail the cause of the seasons
- Activity requires an inflatable globe, flashlight, and thermometer for each group of four pupils
- Provides links to more detailed information and ideas for extension activities
- Includes assessment resources and rubrics