This Over in the Meadow Lesson Plan activity & project also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Get young learners on their feet and moving around with this fun activity for the children's book Over in the Meadow by Ezra Jack Keats. During an initial reading of the story, the teacher stops and introduces students to a series of movements that correspond to specific pages in the story. Then the teacher reads the book again, this time with the children performing the motions as the story is told. This resource would make a great addition to a short lesson series on action verbs in the primary grade levels.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity engages students in a class read aloud while teaching them new vocabulary
- Over in the Meadow allows for cross-curricular between math and language arts
- Requires a copy of the children's book Over in the Meadow by Ezra Jack Keats