This Ozone Reduction in the Stratosphere activity & project also includes:
The hole in the ozone has increased skin cancer rates, specifically over Australia. What does the ozone layer do for us and what is with this hole? In the activity, through answering questions, learners research the ozone layer and its changing dynamics over the past 50 years due to both natural causes and human impacts.
- Use as an assessment toward the end of a unit on human impacts on the environment or a unit on our atmosphere
- Assign the activity to be completed outside of class
- If learners do not have access to the Internet, allow class time for work
- Includes a rubric for scoring
- Only three of the four links in the resource work