This Partitioning a Segment assessment also includes:
Do you always divide a line segment at the midpoint? Given the coordinates of the two endpoints of a line segment, pupils find the point that partitions the line segment in a particular ratio. They then show and explain their work used to arrive at the solution.
- Challenge advanced learners to work the problem without using a coordinate plane
- Individuals should understand ratio notation
- The class should know how to plot points on the coordinate plane
- Contains descriptions of misconceptions and provides examples
- Includes an optional method to solving the problem