As part of a study of the parts of a plant, second graders create their own veggie wraps using tortillas, cream cheese, and various vegetables and fruits.
27 Views 14 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a poster and have kids attach examples to each part (carrots to the roots, celery to the stems, etc.)
- In preparation for the activity, check to determine if any of the children have food allergies
- The activity requires significant set-up time
- Complete directions are included in the resource
- The activity includes a discussion of the growth cycle