This Parts of Argument I: Film Debates lesson plan also includes:
What can you learn from watching others make an argument? Incorporate famous debate and courtroom movie scenes into a lesson on argumentative writing. As learners view the ways that characters craft their arguments, they note the claims, evidence, and veracity of each with a graphic organizer.
- Encourage learners to consider or bring in their own examples of debate scenes from their favorite movie or shows
- Use in a debate class or when discussing famous political debate
- Bring in modern presidential debates for learners to discuss
- Part of a 12-part unit that accompanies Kate L. Turabian's Student's Guide to Writing College Papers
- Ideal for a cross-curricular project between language arts and social studies
- Comes with several student reference pages that are applicable to other units