Can your class recognize when passive voice is used in their papers? Using an informative video, writers learn how to identify and avoid passive voice in their writing. The video highlights the differences between active and passive voice and explains the few instances when writers might choose to use the passive voice.
- Write sentences in passive voice and practice rewriting them in active voice
- During the revision process, highlight any instances of the verb to be and determine whether the sentences use passive voice
- The narrator in the video has a quieter voice, so turn the volume up
- Uses highlighting and other visual clues to draw attention to key ideas within a sentence
- Provides real-life examples to provide a deeper understanding of the concept