This Patterns and Functions lesson plan also includes:
Identify patterns to solve problems! A well-designed lesson asks learners to solve a problem by analyzing multiple representations of data. They calculate areas and perimeters of various table placement designs and identify the maximum and minimum areas.
- Incorporate during a unit on comparing linear and nonlinear patterns
- Provide graph paper and tiles for use throughout the lesson
- Expects proficiency in calculating areas and perimeters
- Provides options for assessment following the lesson
- Allows pupils to explore math concepts in a structured manner