This Pedal Power lesson plan also includes:
Biking up a hill—a different look at slope. Viewing a distance-time graph of three cyclists as they climb a hill, pupils estimate three critical points after conducting research on bicycle speeds. Using the estimated points, learners calculate the slope of each line segment and interpret it within the context of the speed of the bicycle riders.
- Research the speeds of bicyclists before class on both flat and uphill roads
- Collect data from riders around a track to create a unique distance-time graph
- Scholars should know how to calculate slope given two points
- Contains assessment suggestions
- Includes answers to questions