Creating a federal budget is a balance. Members of Congress must fund what is necessary, evaluate new ideas, and consider how much debt the government is willing to carry. Individuals experience the process using a simulation video game to create a federal budget.
- Use the video game to introduce the concept of government spending
- Offer the resource to reinforce instruction on the federal budget
- Each learner needs a computer to play the game
- Game allows learners to consider real-world issues with instant feedback on their choices
- Resource is fun to play
- It is easy to get stuck in the game and not be able to move forward