Let math find the better deal when Mary needs to do some tire shopping. When given two percent discounts at different stores, learners use proportions to calculate the amount saved. The problem finishes with adding sales tax and explaining the steps used to find the amount.
- Give as an assignment after watching the corresponding LearnZillion videos in the series
- There may not be enough space on the front to show work and provide explanations; provide notebook paper
- Displays the standards used directly on the worksheet
- Provides a writing question along with the math
- Answer key and explanations are included