Learners show what they know about coordinate planes and grid maps with a performance task that asks them to plan their own town. When designing the town, pupils must take into consideration a list of seven requirements including building height, location, and the ability to move freely among structures.
- When learners have created a town, direct them to make a map of the town
- Laminate, wipe off, and reuse pages
- Create a rubric that follows the requirements page
- Copies are required
- Scholars should be familiar with a coordinate plane and how to plot points
- The assessment reflects the concepts and sparks creativity
- The overall design is neat and easy to follow