This Perimeter Patterns lesson plan also includes:
Learn a little something about linear equations using perimeter. Young scholars build designs with different-shaped pattern blocks. As they add each new piece, the perimeter changes by two less than the number of sides. Armed with this knowledge, they write linear equations to model the pattern.
- Incorporate as an introduction to arithmetic sequences
- Requires pattern block manipulatives
- Ensure pupils understand perimeter before beginning the activity
- Offers an idea for a homework assignment related to the activity
- Provides a teacher's guide to help prepare for the lesson