This Perplexing Parallelograms lesson plan also includes:
Explore the unique patterns of mathematics with a parallelogram activity. Young scholars use geometry software to partition a parallelogram into four unique parallelograms. They then measure the sides and calculate the area of each parallelogram to discover an interesting relationship.
- After finding the area of the parallelograms, form groups to compare results and form their conjectures
- Requires computers with Geometer's SketchPad or similar software
- Expects individuals to measure with a ruler and calculate the area of parallelograms
- Provides a handout with instructions for pupils to follow
- Includes a teacher guide with specific details to help with planning