This Pet Rocks worksheet also includes:
Why would more than a million people pay real money for an unremarkable rock? Fads are an odd phenomenon, and your class and takes a look at the fad of pet rocks by reading this article. After reading, learners respond to questions about the text and the idea of following the crowd.
- Group this with other texts that explore the concepts of peer pressure and following the crowd
- Use the final question as an essay question after learners have examined several texts
- Read and mark the text as a class
- Consider creating your own worksheet with the listed questions; scaffolding isn't provided
- A full copy of the text is provided
- Questions ask for textual evidence