This Phonemic Awareness Guide activity & project also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Phonemic awareness, one of the five areas of reading instruction (phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary and text comprehension) is the focus of this packet designed for emergent readers, including those with significant cognitive disabilities.
- Include a copy of the rationale for phonemic awareness instruction in kids' take home folders for parents
- The packet begins with an overview that summarizes the research and rationale for developing phonemic awareness
- Templates that can be used with the drills are included
- Words are drawn from texts kids are reading