Can you remove electrons from metal without touching it? The simulation uses light to prove this happens regularly. By recreating the famous photoelectric effect experiment, scholars learn to predict and describe how altering each variable changes the outcome. They can control the target material, the intensity, and the wavelength of the light.
- Research the discovery of quantum mechanics
- Requires Java 1.5.0_15 or later on Linux and Windows and Java 1.5.0_19 or later on Macs
- Assumes prior knowledge of currents, voltage, electrons, and intensity
- Includes 38 teacher-created activities that use the simulation
- Translates into more than 50 languages to make it great for any science classroom