This Planting with Precision activities & project also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Following the standard style of the publisher, this lesson begins with a reading excerpt on the topic. Learners read about different types of agricultural equipment and agricultural history. They then work in teams to engineer and test a device that will consistently drop a seed every 15cm over a distance of 60cm. The lesson is a terrific way to demonstrate how technology improves our everyday lives. Use it with a STEM or agriculture unit.
- Comprehensive lesson includes background material, a hands-on activity, reflection questions, and additional extension resources
- Fosters teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Can be used to address various national curriculum standards
- No examples or suggested designs are provided; if you can think of some, it would be helpful to construct and demonstrate