This Plants HD app also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Perhaps you don't use plant-related apps in the classroom because you haven't botany (bought any)! Here is one that you may want to purchase. Elementary green thumbs explore the stages in the plant life cycle as well as some of the processes that allow them to proceed.
Topics to Explore:
- Plants and Trees
For each topic, a new screen opens with the following:
- Informational text
- Polaroid-style photos with captions
- Did You Know?: Fascinating facts about the topic
- Pop Quiz?: A three-leveled, multiple-choice assessment
- Read to Me: The option to have the text read by a narrator
There is also an interactive Play feature in which learners arrange each of the topics into a cycle.
How techie do I need to be?
The best way to implement Plants HD may be to have youngsters investigate the app during science center time. Have an adult supervise the center and record how learners perform on the Pop Quiz.
One of the questions in the seeds section asks about requirements for germination and mentions sunlight, which is not required at all. The appropriate temperature is, however. Make sure to clarify this if you are using the app with your class.
The Play feature is fun and interactive, but it requires that players include Dispersal, Pollination, and Germination as stages in the cycle. Where this is not incorrect, it does not purely represent the life cycle stages of a plant.
- Pleasant background music
- Appealing graphics
- Quality photographs
- Does not adhere to the normally taught plant life cycle
- Not many interactive features
- Photographs could be larger for easier viewing
- No recording or sharing of scores