Work on a way to remove plastic from the ocean without harming the wildlife within. Using a list of household items, such as rubber bands and paper clips, kids invent a device that will clear the ocean of pollution.
1 Collection 46 Views 34 Downloads
- Have kids present their inventions in front of the class, using visual aids and a demonstration
- Split your class into partners or small groups to collaborate on their project
- Pair the activity with a lesson on Earth Day or conservation
- The project is designed for girls in STEM classes, but the project is applicable to any child interested in science careers
- Promotes innovative thinking and creativity
- Worksheet format is easy to distribute and follow