This Points of Conflict Between the Branches lesson plan also includes:
Did the framers of the Constitution try to create conflict among the branches of government? Scholars investigate the conflicts that often arise in the three branches of government. They analyze and examine the legislative, executive, and judicial branches to better understand the specific role of each in the separation of powers.
- Break the class into groups and have each group represent one of three branches of government
- Role-play the nomination process,which includes all three branches of government, for a Supreme Court Justice
- Group sizes should be no more than three
- Second installment in a three-part series
- Includes printable worksheet for classroom use
- Focus questions provide a workable plan for the classroom