This Polygon Capture lesson plan also includes:
Identify all the figures that match the two criteria. The lesson plan consists of a game about the geometric properties of polygons. Pupils determine the figures that match an angle and a side criteria, and when no more can be matched, the player with the most polygons wins.
- Using the figures, have individuals devise sorting strategies of their own
- Determine which combination of angle and side cards will result in the most figures being claimed
- The class should be familiar with the basic properties of different types of polygons
- Provides an example of how the game could play out
- Gives suggestions for extensions