Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Teams continue with the Asteroid Impact challenge and determine possible locations to construct their underground shelters. Participants cut scale area models of their shelters from paper and place them on the map to find locations to consider.
5 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- To extend the thought process used, encourage teams design shelters that are not rectangular
- Have the teams determine all the rectangular dimensions that will give the needed area for the shelter
- The activity is dependent upon the completion of the previous activities in the unit
- The fourth lesson in a unit of eight
- The procedure used is based upon creating scale models and physically moving them around the map
- The activity provides teacher tips and hints for each question