This Predicting Ground Water Flow lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
After background reading on ground and surface water is complete, young hydrologists create a water table contour map. The map displays the elevation of surrounding areas and requires that the cartologists draw contour lines and arrows to indicate direction of water flow. Follow-up questions provide the opportunity to solidify the experience and new knowledge.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Clear instructions walk learners through the process of drawing the contour map
- Ideal for meeting Common Core State Standards in scientific literacy
- Includes student handouts for reading, mapping, and analysis