This Price Token Purchase activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
In need of a summer project to give incoming mathematicians? Here is a project that instructs learners to solve and graph four different scenarios of token purchases. They find the cost of the regular price, sale price, mega sale price, and holiday sale price. Lastly, they compare and contrast the steepness, shape, and location of the points on each graph.
- Give as an optional assignment to future math students
- The first page includes a letter to parents and project due dates; tailor the page as necessary, or disregard it altogether
- Intended for a summer project but can be used anytime throughout the school year
- Resource presumes learners are familiar with graphing functions
- The eight-page packet includes the project, worksheet activities, and a rubric