Why Lesson Planet?
Help kids think critically about word problems with an assessment that promotes problem solving. Ten problems prompt learners to think about the best way to answer the question, what else they need to know to solve it, and the most efficient way to find the solution
- Include in a math assessment for incoming learners
- Use the problems as warm-up activities in a unit about addition and subtraction
- Send home in a homework packet with explanations for parents on how to solve each problem
- Important for kids to study the ways they think about solving problems
- Comes with a sample page and lesson plan page
- A few of the questions encourage learners to record and show their work in the space below