This Propaganda War: Patriots vs. Loyalist lesson plan also includes:
Revolutions only succeed if the leaders can get the people on board. Study the ways that both Patriots and Loyalists tried to convince fellow colonists to join their causes with a lesson about propaganda during the American Revolution. Class members discuss the pros and cons of each side before drafting their own political advertisement for the time.
- Connect to a career unit about public relations and advertising
- Design an interdisciplinary lesson between language arts and social studies
- Bring in objective primary sources for learners to compare to the ads
- Though the lesson is designed for North Carolina standards, it is applicable to social studies standards in any state, as well as to Common Core standards
- Provides adaptation ideas, additional materials for reference, and extension opportunities
- Includes all auxiliary worksheets and assessment rubric