This Properties of Soil (Grades 6-8) lesson plan also includes:
The second in a five part Agriculture series covers the importance of soil properties in organic farming. Scholars observe a soil demonstration as well as complete hands-on experiments to better understand the effects of air space and water absorption on soil.
- If time allows, have groups complete more than one experiment
- Extend the lesson to include the benefit of earth worms and other decomposers
- Requires preparation of soil separation described in step six at least one day before the lesson
- Suggests many companion resources including websites, books, multimedia, and lab kits
- Highlights vocabulary throughout