This Provide a Satisfying Conclusion to a Story video also includes:
All good stories must come to an end. Fourth graders wrap up their narrative responses by writing conclusions that describe how the characters feel at the end of the story. Allow learners to practice this skill by pausing the video and having them write their own conclusions to the sample narrative, before viewing the work of the instructor. Differentiate the lesson by encouraging young writers to try implementing the other strategies mentioned in the video for writing conclusions.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Presents multiple techniques for concluding a piece of narrative writing
- Models how to revise drafts and create a satisfying conclusion
- Content is adaptable to Common Core writing standards across the upper-elementary grade levels
- Assumes learners understand the purpose of a conclusion in narrative writing
- Requires a rubric to provide clear expectations of student writing