This Proving Congruence Using Corresponding Parts assessment also includes:
Translate, reflect, and rotate one triangle onto another. Given two triangles with corresponding parts, individuals use properties of rigid transformations to show the two triangles are congruent. Pupils show that after a series of transformations, the vertices of both triangles line up proving the two triangles are congruent.
- Provide opportunities for class members to describe transformations
- Create groups to discuss a plan to show the two triangles are congruent
- The class should know properties of rigid transformations
- Includes descriptions of work at different levels of understanding
- Provides instructional strategies based on misconceptions