If you need a condensed psychology resource with definitions, common career paths, and research methods, use an app created by a psychology professor for prospective students in the field. The app is a good way to sum up main concepts in psychology and to address different fields of study.
Steps for use:
- Open the app and find the home page, titled "Psychology Student Survival Guide."
- If you're using the app for the first time, select the Tap to Begin button. If you're re-opening the app, the button will read Tap Here to Continue, as well as the last page read.
- Read the introduction and objective for the app, written by the creators.
- Continue reading through the sections in the app by tapping the right and left navigation buttons, or select Contents to find the category you want.
- Use the option to display the page to others by selecting Share this Page.
- What is Psychology?
- Not to Be Confused with Psychiatry
- Do You Really Want to Be a Psychology Student?
- Major Fields in Psychology
- Popular Psychology
- Research Methods and Statistics