This Pulley Lab lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Determine the meaning of the ideal and actual mechanical advantage of a pulley system. As learners complete the simulated experiment, they make a connection to the mechanical advantage of a pulley system and the number of fixed and moveable pulleys. Conclusion questions lead them to understand the relationships between the force, distance, and mechanical advantage as the complexity of the pulley system changes.
- Allow students to work through the activity independently and provide direction as needed
- Follow the activity with a non-simulated experiment to reinforce the concepts
- Individuals need laptops with Internet to access the lab simulations
- Includes practice as a check for understanding at the conclusion of the activity
- Provides a handout with detailed lab instructions