As part of a study of the 14th Amendment's concept of due process, class members engage in a jury simulation exercise, and consider the issues involved in awarding punitive damages.
36 Views 21 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have groups investigate other cases involving punitive damages
- Have kids investigate their state's punitive damage law
- The BMW v. Gore documentary is available for purchase for $35.00
- The DVD can be accessed at http://www.law.duke.edu/voices/
- The detailed plan is carefully scaffolded and includes video response guides, worksheets, role cards, and the text of the Supreme Court ruling
- The documentary must be purchased