This Purple Prisms—Linking Length, Perimeter, Area, and Volume lesson plan also includes:
You've covered areas and volumes, now it's time for surface areas. A series of four lessons compare ratios of similar figures from two to three-dimensional calculations. The final lesson of the series investigates the ratios of surface areas between similar figures.
- Draw nets of different similar three-dimensional figures; have pupils calculate surface areas to compare ratios
- Uses an applet that requires individual Internet access
- Expects a solid understanding of calculating surface areas
- Includes questioning strategies to use throughout the lesson
- Provides an assessment option