This Putting DNA to Work interactive also includes:
Deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA, is in every molecule of every known living organism and many viruses. Wouldn't it be great if we could make DNA work to solve crimes and cure diseases? An exciting virtual field trip encourages participants to learn how people use DNA in five different ways that help improve life.
- After completing their focus area worksheets individually, have pupils get together in focus area groups to compare; then instruct them to present their findings to the class
- Activities require flash
- Scholars must use the Internet to answer questions, though they could work in groups of two if individual access is not available
- Provides three different sets of questions from different perspectives
- Includes educational games to engage students
- Offers data collection tables for research