Quantum mechanics is one of the few times you can change the outcome simply by measuring it. Scholars use quantum detectors to investigate changes in waves and the patterns they produce. Simulations offer chances to experiment with high intensity, single particles, and two lasers, each with multiple variables to control.
- Connect this lesson to current advances in quantum computing
- Requires Java 1.5.0_15 or later for Linux and Windows machines and Java 1.5.0_19 or later for Macs
- Assumes prior knowledge of both wave behavior and particle behavior
- Includes links to 10 teacher-created lessons and activities that use the simulation
- Flexible resource that translates into more than 30 languages