This Question-Answer Relationship lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Questions are an essential component of reading comprehension; not just answering them, but asking them as well. This lesson starts by introducing young readers to the difference between literal questions and inferential questions, which require the use of prior knowledge. The children's book Hi! Fly Guy is then read aloud to the class, with the teacher occasionally pausing to record and discuss any questions learners may have. Use this lesson to create posters describing literal and inferential questions that can be displayed in the classroom to support primary grade students with developing reading comprehension skills.
- Provides clear learning objectives regarding reading comprehension skills
- Lesson is adaptable to a read-aloud of any children's book
- Refers to a worksheet that is not included with the lesson
- Teacher needs to supply examples of literal and inferential questions to support student with understanding the difference