This Rags to Riches or Riches to Rags? lesson plan also includes:
Say yes to invest in a dress. Pupils decide which investment to make so there will be enough money to buy a prom dress. They compare three different investment strategies with different compounding time frames. With the information gained, the scholars write an essay explaining each investment strategy and their suggestions on which one to use.
- Provide a quick review of the formulas for compounding interest and continuously compounding interest
- Challenge the class by updating the problem so that as the compounding rate goes up, the interest rate goes down
- Individuals should be familiar with evaluating exponential expressions
- Incorporates writing in the math process
- Contains links to general differentiation strategies
- Contains no answer documents