This Rate of Change lesson plan also includes:
Get your classes moving and collaborating! The activity moves learners through a set of four stations. Each station presents a linear and/or exponential function task. Ultimately, learners compare linear and exponential functions and their rate of change.
- If pressed for time, have each group complete one station and then present the information
- Required materials include computers with Internet access, geometry software, rulers, and chart paper
- Be sure to allow time to set up and prepare stations before beginning the activity
- Uses a variety of engaging real-life scenarios to compare linear and exponential functions
- Provides a detailed teacher guide with an introductory and closing activity
- The applet for station three does not show up at the link provided