This Rates of Change in Pick's Theorem—Investigating Pick's Theorem lesson plan also includes:
Pick the pattern to view the rate of change. Learners use a spreadsheet to investigate the rate of change of the areas of figures created on a geoboard to complete the final lesson of three. Pupils create and fill in a spreadsheet to find the rate of change of the areas based on one of the independent variables. Using the table, they verify the equation previously discovered in the earlier lesson of the series.
- Lead a discussion on what it means to determine rate of change with two independent variables
- The class should understand the basics of slope
- Individuals should be aware of Pick's Theorem
- Provides a graphic organizer to use if a spreadsheet is not available
- Contains suggestions for assessment