Why Lesson Planet?
Teach digital natives that they can't believe everything they read on the Internet. Working in small groups, young scholars use the provided worksheets and rubric to evaluate different websites and determine if the information being presented can be trusted.
- Perform this lesson at the beginning of a class research project, helping prepare students to assess the quality of the sources they will find
- After assessing their assigned website, have the groups present their findings to the rest of the class
- Access to devices with an Internet connect is required for this lesson, which may require you to schedule time in your school's computer lab
- Even though this resource is designed for upper elementary students, it can easily be adapted for middle schoolers as well
- All supplemental materials required for the lesson are included
- Lesson is designed for both the Common Core State Standards and National Educational Technology Standards
- Evaluating Websites Family Tip Sheet