This Rational Exponents 4 assessment also includes:
Use the powers of seven to simplify expressions. Given two expressions, pupils rewrite both as a power of seven. The first expression requires writing all the bases as a power of seven and using properties of exponents to multiply. The second has learners change the radicals to fractional exponents and use exponent properties to divide.
- Review the properties of exponents for multiplication and division
- The class should know how to convert from radical notation to exponential notation
- Individuals should recognize a perfect square
- Includes examples of work at different levels of understanding
- Provides descriptions of common misconceptions