This Real World Application of Multiple Function Models lesson plan also includes:
Absolutely, you'll want to learn about absolute value functions! An engaging lesson plan challenges young mathematicians to investigate absolute value, piecewise, square root, and cube root functions. After covering those concepts, they consider transformations of the graphs of these functions. As a culminating activity, learners match real-world situations to functions.
- Have the class brainstorm additional applications of each type of function
- Assumes learners have experience with transformations of graphs
- Pupils should be able to translate between real world situations and math models
- Includes matching cards to use in an activity
- Provides lesson reflection questions for instructors