This Recognize Even and Odd Numbers by Forming Partners and Equal Groups video also includes:
Nobody wants to be the odd man out. The first video in this series uses prior knowledge about making fair teams to teach young mathematicians about even and odd numbers. Pictures and number lines offer support as children learn that even numbers make two equal groups, while odd numbers do not. A simple, but effective approach to developing this fundamental understanding. Increase engagement by having students volunteer to act out the examples provided in the video.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Using a number line clearly demonstrates the alternating pattern with even and odd numbers
- Addresses all numbers between 1 and 10
- A slide show version of the video is available to download
- Requires independent practice problems that allow learners to demonstrate their understanding