This Recognize Fractions: Breaking Shapes into Equal Parts video also includes:
Introduce young mathematicians to the concept of fractions by cutting shapes into pieces. The first video in this eight-part series starts by making a clear distinction between whole numbers and fractions. A circle is then used to demonstrate how to make halves, thirds, and fourths by cutting the shape into equal-sized parts. The Guided Practice video provides a simple story problem requiring students to demonstrate their ability to break shapes into fractions. This resource would make a great supplement to an introductory lesson on fractions.
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Presents real-world contexts for finding fractions
- Instructor provides a clear explanation of fractions
- Video is available as a downloadable slide show
- Additional practice problems are required to help young learners develop this new skill