This Recycling Representatives lesson plan also includes:
Pupils work in pairs to develop a presentation to a county board about expanding its recycling facilities. A video of a group in California sets the stage for the presentations. Pairs, representing a stakeholder group, research the impact of the recycling facilities on the county and prepare a two-minute statement to the board.
- Either attend a city board meeting or watch a recording of one
- Invite members of the local government to listen to the presentations
- Teams need Internet access to conduct research
- The fifth in a six-part series on recycling
- Provides a rubric for pupils to consider while making their points
- Includes a variety of perspectives for the teams to represent