This Relating Area and Perimeter in 2-D Objects presentation also includes:
Students explore the area and perimeter of two-dimensional shapes. In this measurement lesson, students compare the lengths, widths, perimeter, and area of two-dimensional objects. Students view an interactive presentation and complete a online activity individually or in small groups.
- Insert this presentation into an upper elementary lesson on the area and perimeter of rectangles
- Create a note-taking guide for the class to complete as they watch the presentation
- Flip your math classroom by having students view this presentation as a homework assignment
- An Internet connection is required in order to access the presentation and some of the supplemental materials
- Presentation offers numerous guided practice examples that demonstrate the relationship between the area and perimeter of rectangles
- Included with the presentation is a glossary, formula sheet, quiz, and skills practice worksheet