This Represent Fractions in Different Ways instructional video also includes:
There's more than one way to make a fraction. The second video in this series explores the different ways shapes can be broken up into equal sized pieces. Visual models clearly demonstrate this concept with examples involving halves and sixths. Consider pausing the video and allowing learners to answer the question posed by the instructor prior to viewing the solution.
- Extend the lesson by asking young mathematicians to create multiple visual representations of other basic unit fractions
- If you aren't logged in to Learnzillion, you will be prompted to create a free account to access all materials for this resource
- Reviews prior knowledge about fractions before beginning the new lesson
- Instructional video is available in both English and Spanish
- Video is available in slide show format
- Requires additional practice problems to support learning