This Representing Data lesson plan also includes:
How many text messages do your pupils send in a day? You may be surprised! Use their data to create a bar graph, histogram, and other graphical displays. Using the graphs, learners analyze the data and draw conclusions.
21 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Include a box plot to represent the data after making the histogram; compare and contrast the information pupils can gain from each representation
- Needed materials include graphing calculators, computers with Internet access, and activity handouts
- If time is limited, choose portions of the activity that meet your class goals to implement
- Uses graphic organizers to coordinate information about data representations
- Includes a choice board for pupils to extend and apply their learning