Writing a research paper has never been so easy! From choosing a topic to publishing the final draft, this presentation covers all the steps in between. Show this to your class in a single lesson, or cover it a few slides at a time as you walk the them through the research process. When discussing Internet resources, consider providing examples that demonstrate reliable and unreliable websites, as this can be a challenging concept for young researchers to understand.
- Clearly models the research process using examples
- Provides a clear explanation of plagiarism and how to avoid it by citing sources
- Adaptable to Common Core reading and writing standards across upper-elementary grade levels
- Requires graphic organizers to support learners with outlining, note taking, and citing sources
- Teacher needs to develop a research report rubric that provides clear expectations for student writing